Stuff that occurs to me

All of my 'how to' posts are tagged here. The most popular posts are about blocking and private accounts on Twitter, also the science communication jobs list. None of the science or medical information I might post to this blog should be taken as medical advice (I'm not medically trained).

Think of this blog as a sort of nursery for my half-baked ideas hence 'stuff that occurs to me'.

Contact: @JoBrodie Email: jo DOT brodie AT gmail DOT com

Science in London: The 2018/19 scientific society talks in London blog post

Saturday 20 August 2011

Blackbird Pie is a tool to let you embed a tweet in a blogpost while maintaining active links

Shortened link for this post is http://is.gd/COZKWP

EDIT: In my enthusiasm to share this new tool I forgot to mention where I found the info from - which was Mashable, and they knew about it over a year ago!

I'm trying out the Blackbird Pie twitter media tool which lets you take the URL of a single tweet and 'bake it' into an embeddable version which should appear below. The links are maintained.


Blackbird Pie 'baked tweet':


Some of you use one or more tools to embed tweets in blog posts, making tweets look nice. What are these tools please? Thank you :)
So what other tools are available that do something like this? This one is quite interesting as you can edit the various bits of it - I've moved things to sit on separate lines for aesthetics but here's how it is when unedited:


Some of you use one or more tools to embed tweets in blog posts, making tweets look nice. What are these tools please? Thank you :)less than a minute ago via web Favorite Retweet Reply
A few more example of these kinds of tools and I'll have something to add to the currently emptyish B3.3 section on my list of tools for finding or capturing tweets.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, although perhaps not surprising - the first embedded tweet looked wrong in the editing window so I tweaked it, whereas the second one also looked wrong but I didn't edit it to show the difference. As it turns out, it doesn't matter if it looks wrong in the editing window because it looks fine in the final version, and I should have left the tweaking alone ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comment policy: I enthusiastically welcome corrections and I entertain polite disagreement ;) Because of the nature of this blog it attracts a LOT - 5 a day at the moment - of spam comments (I write about spam practices,misleading marketing and unevidenced quackery) and so I'm more likely to post a pasted version of your comment, removing any hyperlinks.

Comments written in ALL CAPS LOCK will be deleted and I won't publish any pro-homeopathy comments, that ship has sailed I'm afraid (it's nonsense).